Wednesday 29 October 2014

SpiderMan Cake

I had a lot of problems with this cake, its quite a big cake and i made a huge mistake from the word go, i didnt have big cake tins at this time so i made 2 8" square cakes and put them together side by side and filled with chocolate butter cream, when i decorated the cake and was ready to cover it the 2 cakes started to come apart and the fondant cracked along the middle. i was so disappointed in the end result and i just didnt know how to fix it. I hand painted spidermans boy and made his head, hand and web with fondant.  i realised in the end what i did wrong, i didnt crum coat the cake and then re-coat with butter cream so its safe to say i learned a valuable lesson on this cake and i have never made the same mistake twice lol


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and a big thank for your coment, please let me know if you have any tips or ideas i could use for my next cake creation. :) :)