Friday 24 October 2014

Football Cake

I did this cake for my nephew who is a football fanatic. Making football cakes intimidate me because if you dont carve it properly or use a ball tin you run the risk of it not being symmetrical when you put the hexagons on there and it just doesnt look right at all, when i did this one i didnt want the cake to be round because the main attraction was the boot and ball which is why i made the cake flat on top. Making the boot was awkward at first because at the time i didnt know all the ins and outs of cake decorating so i didnt know about modelling chocolate or gum paste so i used ALOT of fondant. The fondant kept sort of shrinking and going out of shape so it took me a while to get it to the shape i wanted it. The cake was vanilla sponge with vanilla butter cream with fondant decorations. My nephew liked it so i was happy with the end result.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and a big thank for your coment, please let me know if you have any tips or ideas i could use for my next cake creation. :) :)